Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-through on Card with the help of transparent bar chart

Hi All,

Provided my dataset(top left) in below screenshot.

I need to display 4 cards which holds sales value for A,B,C category respectively. Also on the 4th card i am showing total sales.

My requirement is by right clicking on these 4 cards i need to show thedrill-through kind of concept and the required fields need to be displayed in the next tab i.e., drill through tab.

Card Drill Through.PNG

So I planned to create a bar chart for each of the cards.In first 3 bar charts i provided category in axis and selected the req. category from the visual level filter. 

Now for the first 3 bar chart i made the color as transparent by giving a measure(#FFFFFF00) to the data color which holds transparent white color.

I tried the same with 4th bar chart but facing few issues:

1. We need to give category in axis to make that bar as transparent white color else we are not getting that option to change data color.

2.In Drill through page i have given category so we need category in this bar chart somehow.

3.If i give category in this bar chart then it is getting split by 3 categories, i want a total and if i click that it should show total records.

So mainly i want if i click 4th card i.e., Total Sales card then it should show total records in drillthrough page with the help of drill through.

Please let me know if we have any ideas.

Thanks in Advance

Prakash M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , refer if this can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBRUiGeV6I4

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.