Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through filter multiple selection of rows

Drill through to another report works for me if i select only one row. but when i selct 2 rows (using ctrl) of matrix or 2 bars of chart, the drill through option is not appearing. Can you please help me with this issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
sgsukumaran
Resolver II
Resolver II

At the moment you cannot drillthrough to another report tab with multiple selections. It only works on single selection.

View solution in original post

v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, currently it is not supported to drill through with multiple selections. So I think you can submit an Idea for a feature request.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi?WT.mc_id=Community

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ASantesteban
Frequent Visitor

Hello, maybe it's too late to answer this but i found a workaround to solve this..

You can create  a drillthroug page with the attributes on your table you want to select and after that create a card visual. 

Power BI considers a card to be a single data point, regardless of the number of filters applied to it.

If you drill through on the card with multiple data points selected, the drill through page will have all of the relevant filters applied.

(Disadvantages: it's not possible to do it with a button... 😞

I hope it helps. 

v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, currently it is not supported to drill through with multiple selections. So I think you can submit an Idea for a feature request.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi?WT.mc_id=Community

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

sgsukumaran
Resolver II
Resolver II

At the moment you cannot drillthrough to another report tab with multiple selections. It only works on single selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.