Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slc7456
Advocate III
Advocate III

Drill through donut chart issue

Purpose: Create a Drill through page that has a donut chart. This donut chart must not save drill down filters.  

Background: I have a Product Line Variation page. On this page, I track various metrics for each Product Line: equipment, revenue, goal, etc. I created a drill through page based off a Product Line. 

It passes the Product Line (let’s say Golf Equipment) and I can take a deeper dive into information about that line. There is a donut chart on this Product Line page. I can drill down the product type for that line. 

When you drill down in a donut chart in Power BI, it automatically creates a visual level filter (example below I drilled into Golf Accessories). If I use the Previous Page arrow to get back to my Product Line page, the visual level filter still exists on this donut chart. Which means, when I select another Product line to drill through (let’s say Camping Equipment) it takes me to the appropriate page, but the donut chart shows no data, because it still has a visual level filter for Golf Accessories. See the second screen shot below. 

Has anyone else encountered this bug? How can I prevent that visual level filter from sticking on my donut chart? 

Product Type Drill.pngShows No data.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slc7456,

This isn't a bug. The back button only brings us back to the page where we start. It doesn't change anything in the Drill Through page. The Drill Through page is still in the Drill mode that generates a visual level filter. 

You can click Drill Up to clear the visual level filter and you will get the result of the second drill through. If you want the back button to clear the status of Drill Through page, you can vote on an idea or create a new one here: https://ideas.powerbi.com. To me, I think the current function is best. Because I can do some customization in the Drill Through page.Drill through donut chart issue.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slc7456,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slc7456,

This isn't a bug. The back button only brings us back to the page where we start. It doesn't change anything in the Drill Through page. The Drill Through page is still in the Drill mode that generates a visual level filter. 

You can click Drill Up to clear the visual level filter and you will get the result of the second drill through. If you want the back button to clear the status of Drill Through page, you can vote on an idea or create a new one here: https://ideas.powerbi.com. To me, I think the current function is best. Because I can do some customization in the Drill Through page.Drill through donut chart issue.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.