Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through concept

Hi I have a report style which i implemented on Datazen and now i want to implement the same functionality on Power BI by using drill through or any other based on feasible on power Bi. So kindly help me on this.

in a power Bi report i have 2 pages.. 1st page contains filters and here i have to apply the filters and i have to see the detailed report in 2nd page based on 1st page filters based on drill through insted of report level filter.

Filters pageFilters page

senario will be like once i apply the filters, i have to click on the Report button which i colored in Red on image..if i click in that button it will take me into the report page automatically and able to view the detailed report like below

detailed report based on filtersdetailed report based on filters

So kindly help me to achive this and anyone can you kindly implement the same with dummy data and shared with me the .pbix file to understand better.

Thanks in advance.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

I'll make a very quick pbix where you can see the basic functionality. It'll use a button directing to bookmark (the second page) and it will sync all the slicers to the next page without making them visible.

Here it is: dummy data pbix

Have a look through the sync slicers and bookmarks options from the View tab.

sync&bookmark.PNG

Br,

T

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

The image in my previous post should ahve everything you need.

• Check the bookmark settings in my previous picture and uncheck 'Data'
  • Check that the slicers are syncing with both pages

Br,

T

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

I'll make a very quick pbix where you can see the basic functionality. It'll use a button directing to bookmark (the second page) and it will sync all the slicers to the next page without making them visible.

Here it is: dummy data pbix

Have a look through the sync slicers and bookmarks options from the View tab.

sync&bookmark.PNG

Br,

T

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi t_R, thanks for the solution, i have implemented the same but the pbm is the data was not syncing on report page based on filter condition from filters page.

Can you kindly suggest me on this....Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

The image in my previous post should ahve everything you need.

• Check the bookmark settings in my previous picture and uncheck 'Data'
  • Check that the slicers are syncing with both pages

Br,

T

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.