Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yael
Helper IV
Helper IV

Drill through - Slicers and Visual Filters

Hello,

From what I can see, the drill through capability doesn't take into consideration the value of the visual level filter, nor the value chosen in a page slicer - Is that correct?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Yael

The slicer is only working in current page. It can't cross pages.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Yael

The drill through will take the Page/Visual Level filter selection to slice the data. Please verfiy the built relationship between the fields in filter and visual. 

33.PNG

34.PNG

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft - but can the drill through recieve parameters from the slicer?

Thank you!

@Yael

Sure, it will take the selection from slicer. 

55.PNG

66.PNG

@v-sihou-msft 

if the detailed report is in another page, then from what I see it doesn't receive parameters from the slicer in the first page.

@Yael

The slicer is only working in current page. It can't cross pages.

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft thank you

You can "cheat" by copying the Slicer to the drill through page and then sync'ing them when prompted. If you don't want to see the slicer on the second page make sure the detail table is on top (bring to front) and make the background 0% transparent

Great idea! This actually fixed my request.

Hello everyone,

Rather than modifying the background of the slicer, I think the surest thing to do, is to make the slicer invisible. you can do this by sélecting the "Sync. slicer" option in the View menu, then clic to the slicer you want to hide and deactivate the view option in front of the slicer on the diffents pages (the option is the one with the eye, the other is the sychronization option).

But, don't forget to leave at least the slicer visible on the main page, othewise you won't be able to select any value.

Hope it helps.

Regard,

Sébastien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.