Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill down two visuals

Hi,

I have a) matrix with 2 rows (teamleader name, trader name)

b)  a treemap with columns with the same content as the matrix

When I drill down in either of them, it works properly for the chosen visualisation but in the other one another visual level filter is created with the teamleader name and it shows just that teamleader's name and the summary of their traders' results, not the results of individual traders.

My second question is if there is a way to show different values when drilled down? At the start I want to see the summarized sales of two products, when I drill down I want to see the indivual amounts of those two products.

Capture1-censoredCapture2-censored
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may take a look at Use drillthrough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You may take a look at Use drillthrough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I like that functionality but from my point of view the explanation in the Docs is not 100% clear.

I would recommend to read the link provided in the solution and remember those main steps:

1) in your visual, drag and drop a field to the drillthrough target (same field as in your visual, in my case the month field)

2) Power BI will automatically create a "go back" button in your top left corner, you can cut & copy that button to your drill-through page

3) create a new page (you can make it hidden) with your new chart

4) drag and drop the same field, same as you used before, in the drillthrough of this new page. Do the step 2)

5) Power BI will take care of the automatic filters 

You can now go to your visual and right click - drill through

p.s. in the docs page, there is a link to another page which shows how to create buttons for the drill-through - have a look at it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.