Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RyabovAlex
Frequent Visitor

Drill down to associated CDS

Hello colleagues, 

I hope you can give me the direction of further research as I was not able to find it by myself.

I'm working with SAP system and want to consume the CDS view published as an ODATA service.

In eclipse the top part looks like this:

RyabovAlex_0-1620547437508.png

As we see there are assosiations inside.

The data preview looks like this:

RyabovAlex_1-1620547557495.png

If you do right button click and click assosiations option (screenshot above) to open dependend entries (in another CDS) the popup shows:

RyabovAlex_2-1620547631902.png

you choose one and we drill down to all dependend entries like this:

RyabovAlex_3-1620547671559.png

Now I'm trying to consume ODATA in PowerBI.

I did add the TOP CDS view

RyabovAlex_4-1620547779167.png

The assosiations work (as on a screenshot above in the bottom on the page), but:

1. I don't want to expand the "to_obj" column. There are millions and model will explode.

2. I want to be able to drill down into needed sub-level CDS into the Visualization pages.

If I just go to visualizing part, the column "to_obj" is not visible.

Maybe you can give me some hints how I can reach the task?

Final idea is to be able to provide as an entry point on the visual page the main object and be able to LOAD necessary data of dependend objects only when requested.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RyabovAlex 

Do you mean that you want to extend only the required sub-level in the target column, and if your sub-levels have the same structure in each table, you can try to use M code to extend only the sub-level instead of all columns.

Based on this, you can submit your questions in the Power Query forum and more professional people will discuss your question with you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/bd-p/power-bi-services

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.