Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ManuelGeiger
Helper I
Helper I

Drill down multiple values based on same date

Hi all,

Is it in some kind of way possible to have a bar chart based on a date but with multiple values to drill down on?

For exmple I have a dataset containing invoicing and cost for the last 12 months. Is it possible to create one bar chart which shows invoicing for the last 12 months and after drilling down it shows the cost instead of the invoicing but for the same time period?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ManuelGeiger,

Power bi will try to aggregate your value fields based on current axes and legends fields. BTW, the current drill features not able to drill multiple values.
For your requirement, I think you need to shape and do transform on your table at the query editor side or create a summary table to group your records based on specific category fields. Then you can use these new fields and values to create visuals and switch between different axis levels to check different records based on-axis group. (axis: date, invoice number, value field: amount)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ManuelGeiger,

Power bi will try to aggregate your value fields based on current axes and legends fields. BTW, the current drill features not able to drill multiple values.
For your requirement, I think you need to shape and do transform on your table at the query editor side or create a summary table to group your records based on specific category fields. Then you can use these new fields and values to create visuals and switch between different axis levels to check different records based on-axis group. (axis: date, invoice number, value field: amount)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ManuelGeiger , In the drill-down try to ignore the filter using all. and again try to have a range. 

or On the main page have the visual on let say date from date table and on drill have it on date from the fact table now you can ignore date from the date table easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.