Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbi43
Frequent Visitor

Drill down in chart and related table

I have a simple Power BI report with a stacked column chart on the top and a table of related details on the bottom.  When drill-down is enabled on the chart, the details table below does not filter.  However, if drill-down is disabled on the chart, the details table below filters perfectly.

The chart is presented with a person hierarchy.  My desire is to start at the top-level in the chart by the hierarchy, and as the user drills down further in the hierarchy that the corresponding details below also update.  If this does not work in Power BI, this is a huge problem as our reporting is intensive upon hierarchy.

"View data" on the chart is not helpful, because that only displays the summarized data in a tabular format.  In my case, my "details" table includes order numbers, due dates, etc.

Screenshot below - Chart with summarized "order volumes".  Want to drill-down in the chart and see related details in table below.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
powerbi43
Frequent Visitor

Disregard - I see that this is a long-standing issue.  This is hugely disappointing.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6709520-drill-down-should-drill-o...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
powerbi43
Frequent Visitor

Disregard - I see that this is a long-standing issue.  This is hugely disappointing.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6709520-drill-down-should-drill-o...

Hi @powerbi43,

You can vote it. The project team will consider it if more people vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Done!

Hi @powerbi43,

I also voted it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.