Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cvaughn67
Advocate I
Advocate I

Drill down in Power BI Service - Arrow Missing

The ability to click the small down arrow in the top right hand corner of applicable visuals to enable drill down has been there for months but it appears that a recent update has taken that functionality away. Is there any way to enable that logic again? Having to select the visual, select explore, select drill down, and then click on the target data is much more inefficient. Then when you drill down you have to go back through the explore menu to drill back up instead of just clicking on the up arrow. The original functionality is still present in the Desktop client and works well. Please tell me there is some way to revert back? I am presenting this to our Executive Staff in 2 days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@cvaughn67, the Drill Down Arrow on individual chart now is in the same place it has always been, please have a check.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
nayan28apr
Helper I
Helper I

Hi All,

Today all of sudden arrow of drill down is not visible in my reports for metrix and as well as for stacked column chart. When I see in power bi desktop its visible.

I am bound to enable drill down from explore in the navigation of power bi service. Is anyone aware of this changes?Issue with drill down.PNG

cvaughn67
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Vicky_Song  I just took a look back through a few of my reports and I do see that the arrows are back on the individual visuals. Thank you for listening to all of the feedback and restoring this method. Hopefully the BI team can ask for feedback prior to making a change like this or at least give some advanced notice. Thanks again.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@cvaughn67, the Drill Down Arrow on individual chart now is in the same place it has always been, please have a check.

cvaughn67
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like someone already posted something in Issues. Hopefully the BI team will get on this soon and bring the functionality back.

In the April release of Desktop, looks like it moved to the Ribbon and similarly in PowerBI.com, it shows up on the Explore dropdown.

The explore button is not there in Power BI App for IPAD.

@vshruti06, I'm checking it, will update here.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Agree. Drill down not showing on ipads & Power BI online.

Using the most current Power BI Desktop version.

When can we expect this feature to be there again?

Make sure you log this in Issues:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

My bet is that if you log it there, it will get fixed pretty quickly.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
yk_46565

I agree. This feature going away has made the process not intuitive, which was the biggest selling point of Power BI. Incidentally, I was also going to present this to our executive leadership tomorrow.

What version are you on? I am on 2.34.4372.322 64-bit (April 2016) and I still see the drill down arrow in the Desktop for bar charts at least, haven't checked other visualizations.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.