Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

haputhanthree
Frequent Visitor

Drill down date slicer with Matrix

Hi All,

I have a date slicer with year and Month hierarchy. Region and item wise sales data loaded to Matrix visual and columns populated by year, month and date.

The requirement is, I want to filter slicer visual, once drill down to month from Matrix visual. (if drill down to 2019, slicer should only contain 2019.)

Current Situation.

haputhanthree_0-1614322804683.png

Expected output.

haputhanthree_1-1614323140964.png

PBIX file 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @haputhanthree 

According to your description, it seems like you want to use the Drill down function in a Matrix visual to slice the date selections in a Slicer, right?

In my opinion, Slicers can not be affected by other visuals in Power Bi except another Slicer. When you drill down or click on one visual in your report page, you can see other visuals be affected because you turned on the “Filter” interaction in the other visuals, but you can’t set these interaction types for a Slicer.

v-robertq-msft_0-1614586329089.png

More info about Filters and highlighting in Power BI reports

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

Slicers in Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @haputhanthree 

According to your description, it seems like you want to use the Drill down function in a Matrix visual to slice the date selections in a Slicer, right?

In my opinion, Slicers can not be affected by other visuals in Power Bi except another Slicer. When you drill down or click on one visual in your report page, you can see other visuals be affected because you turned on the “Filter” interaction in the other visuals, but you can’t set these interaction types for a Slicer.

v-robertq-msft_0-1614586329089.png

More info about Filters and highlighting in Power BI reports

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

Slicers in Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@haputhanthree , I checked join is bi-directional.  I even added a not blank measure(visual level filter) and checked, but it did not filter the slicer values. Slicer is filtering another slicer. But Visual is not. I think this is by design.

@amitchandak , Thank you for the responce. I did the same. but did not satisfy my requirment. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.