cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ortizd Advocate I
Advocate I

Drill down by filtering

Well, this is an idea I just posted, please let me know if there is a similar one so I can join that initiative!

Here's the link:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17598262-automatic-drill-down-whi...

TLDR: You have some visuals presenting the parent hierarchies (highest level), you filter one of the parents and the different visual displays the subsequent children of the filtered parent (drilldown).

Thanks,
David

5 REPLIES 5
BetterCallFrank Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Re: Drill down by filtering

Hi @ortizd

if I understand your idea correctly this is already implemented..?

Have you tried using e.g. a column chart with a date hierarchy, and then clicking the downward arrow in the top right of the visual - if you click, e.g. a year it will drill down to quarters and so on

HTH,

Frank

ortizd Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @BetterCallFrank not exactly, I understand what you mean, but lets say you have a Waterfall chart or a TreeMap. If you include a hierarchy in that visual "collapsed" (only showing the highest level of it). I want to filter only by that highest level, but when preseting the visual and filtering it, the visual should show the next level of the hierarchy (without the need of drilling down one by one all the visuals), something like a "dynamic" filtering/drill.

It's hard to show without images!

Let me know if you get my point!

Baskar Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes u r correct @ortizd me too facing the same prob. 

I faced lot of prob with custom visuals , like loading, performance issue, etc.  so finally avoid the custom visuals.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ortizd,

Nice sharing!

Based on my research, the idea haven't been shared by others on Power BI ideas.Smiley Happy

Regards

ortizd Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks! Remember to upvote/share if possible so we can see where this goes!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors