Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ortizd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Drill down by filtering

Well, this is an idea I just posted, please let me know if there is a similar one so I can join that initiative!

Here's the link:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17598262-automatic-drill-down-whi...

TLDR: You have some visuals presenting the parent hierarchies (highest level), you filter one of the parents and the different visual displays the subsequent children of the filtered parent (drilldown).

Thanks,
David

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ortizd,

Nice sharing!

Based on my research, the idea haven't been shared by others on Power BI ideas.Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks! Remember to upvote/share if possible so we can see where this goes!

BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @ortizd

if I understand your idea correctly this is already implemented..?

Have you tried using e.g. a column chart with a date hierarchy, and then clicking the downward arrow in the top right of the visual - if you click, e.g. a year it will drill down to quarters and so on

HTH,

Frank

Hello @BetterCallFrank not exactly, I understand what you mean, but lets say you have a Waterfall chart or a TreeMap. If you include a hierarchy in that visual "collapsed" (only showing the highest level of it). I want to filter only by that highest level, but when preseting the visual and filtering it, the visual should show the next level of the hierarchy (without the need of drilling down one by one all the visuals), something like a "dynamic" filtering/drill.

It's hard to show without images!

Let me know if you get my point!

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes u r correct @ortizd me too facing the same prob. 

I faced lot of prob with custom visuals , like loading, performance issue, etc.  so finally avoid the custom visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.