Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ClaudioL
Helper IV
Helper IV

Drill down between multiple reports in Power BI using cards or kpi

Good morning dear,

Can you use cards or kpi with the "drill through multiple reports" option in Power BI?

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClaudioL ,

As I know, it is impossible to use drillthrough in Card or KPI.  You could vote the idea up and submit comments to get the feature fixed quickly. 

Enable Drill through for Card or Kpi Visuals 

Currently, there is a new functionality of creating a drill-through button in Power BI (preview). Maybe you could try to add one aside your visual.

Note: There is a limitation that it only supportes with the same report. We can't use it with cross-report drilltrough.

5.PNG

If you just want to use Cross-report drilltrough, I'm afraid that you may need to change the Crad or KPI to other visuals.

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI 

Hope this can help you.😉

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

From already thank you very much
What solution can you share to be able to do a drill down that impacts a card and leads me to a detail of the value of the card?
Attached image where you can see cards to which I want to apply drill down and direct me to a detail:

What is enclosed in green are the cards that I use for my dashboard and with which I want to drill down to a detail matrix.

Cheers.

Hi @ClaudioL ,

Does that make sense? If so, please mark the helpful answer as the solution. Then we will be able to close the case. More people will benefit from here. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @ClaudioL ,

Can you please share the image again? It is not working. 

If drill down that you said mean drillthrough, I think you could try the drill-through button in Power BI (preview). While clicking it, it will jump to the detailed page automatically. You also could use bookmarks. It is same as using drill-through button. What are bookmarks? 

Drillthrough buttonDrillthrough button

(You could change the information button to other buttons. The action don't be impacted.)

If it just means drill down, I don't think it can be done in Card visual. It is not supported for Card to add a hierarchy. Maybe you need to change it to other visuals.

Drill mode in a visual in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The card I Doubt because of Drill through needing a Group by or Filter to drill down. Multi KPI Card can, but not tested.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ClaudioL unfortunately not, although you can surely drill through to one report, not sure what you mean by multiple reports?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.