Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jscivias
Frequent Visitor

Drill down a treemap from a higher category to sub-category? (treemap w/ two different categories)

Hello, I currently have a treemap with data categorized by sector (e.g. finance), and this data is then drilled down to a sub-sector level under 'details' (e.g. credit intermediary). However, I would like to create a treemap where users can toggle between data categorized by sector, or by sub-sector-- ideally, if a user were to click on the 'finance' sector, the treemap will then show the ranking categorized by subsector only in the finance sector. OR a toggle button where the treemap is categorized by sector or sub-sector (not together, i find this hard to read). i hope i was being clear, thanks for your help. 

treemap.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jscivias 

If I understand it correctly, the new Field Parameter feature is probably what you want. Fields in the same parameter are at the equivalent level. 

More reference: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/fields-parameters-in-power-bi/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jscivias
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much, field parameter was exactly what i was looking for. you mention that this is a new feature.. is there a way to keep informed of new power bi features? thanks again 

Hi @jscivias 

You can visit the Microsoft Power BI Blog website for updates and news. There is a feature summary blog published in every month e.g. Power BI June 2022 Feature Summary

Best Regards,
Jing

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jscivias 

If I understand it correctly, the new Field Parameter feature is probably what you want. Fields in the same parameter are at the equivalent level. 

More reference: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/fields-parameters-in-power-bi/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.