Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-Thru Two Tables

What is the best way to show one table as a summary and a 2nd table to show only the drill-thru results of a single # selected in the first table?

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Nope, current drill through feature not works on summary records. For this scenario, maybe you can try to create a bridge table and use link id as drill through key.

In addition, it will be help if you share some expected result for your requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is an example of what I'd like to do if it is possible.    Click on a # from the main report which shows a 2nd report specific to that cell.

Example Report.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there any columns contains guid or other information to link summary one and detail one?

For example:

Summary table

ID Name Value
123 BOB 24

Detail table:

ID Name Value
123 BOB 12
123 BOB 10
123 BOB 2

You can setting id as 'drill through' column to achieve drill summary to detail records effect. If you mean drill 'summarize value' to 'detail values' without relationship keys, it is impossible.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have a relationship between two tables that will link these two together.   What is the best way to create these relationships and is it possible the jump-link can take me to table 2 within the same table view with a "back button" to return me back to table one?  All within the same table view?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction, there is one table.    I want to click on one field in one table and only show the details from that table in a 2nd table.   I have created a matrix table and a regular table.   the matrix table is a highlevel rollup by manager of open jobs.   Same example as before, when clicking on a # within the matrix table (e.g., 6), the 2nd table only displays the 6 entries.    Instead, what it is doing, if there happens to be a higher # within the matrix table on the same row (e.g., 9), and I click on "6", the second table displays all 9.    Is there a setting I can use to filter only on the # selected; not the entire row?

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try to set up drillthrough filter on relationship column, then you can right click on visual who has fields from 'table 1' and select 'drill through' option to drill to table 2 and display related detail records.

Use drillthrough in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-through works as expected, but how can I get it to show only the results of what I have selected?   Below, when I right click on "5" for Mike Siebert, and choose Drill-through, I would expect to see the result for only those 5 (e.g., On Schedule jobs).   Instead, it is showing all 8 line items, which are all of Mike's jobs.   Capture.PNG

Result of drill-through

Capture2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Maybe you can try to create unique key column(merge columns with primary fields and subfields) to store more accurate relationship keys, then you can use it to drill through more accuracy.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.