Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill Through to effect several tabs

Hi,

I have 3 pages in my report 

In page 1 (main) I can drill through to either page 2 or page 3

I’m looking for a way to enable the user to move between page 2 and 3, without going back to page 1, and without selecting anything, since the drill through column remains the same

I tried setting a navigation button in page 2 to page 3, but the drill through filter context does not propagates.

I also tries to use a drill through button in page 2 to page 3 but in that case the user need to select the drill through column again, which is redundant since its already filtered from page 1 .

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try looking into DrillTrough Buttons. Refer following articles how to set it up:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drill-through-buttons

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pragati11 Thats where I started 🙂

The thing is that I cant find a way to apply the drill through filter context on the other tabs, or propegate it between the tabs

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you have taken all the column you want to pass in Drill through columns in both pages

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-cross-report-drill-through#set-up-a-cross-report-drillthrough-target

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Yes I did, Its one column across the report (3 tabs whithin the same report)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.