Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-Through table or matrix

Hello,

I have build a matrix which show for example, the employeeID, first Name, Last Name as rows and others variables as values.

Moreover, it is possible to make a drill-through on the EmployeeID field which will bring us to another table which showed more details on an employee.

As I have build the dashboard, I know that I can make a drill through on that column.  But what's about a end-user.

What's the best available method to inform a potential user that it is possible to make a drill-through on a particular column?

Thanks in advance for your help

2 REPLIES 2
JasonTX
Resolver I
Resolver I

There is a +/- icon option under Row Headers which let you drill down on row attributes. For columnm attributes, they would need to right click or use the drill down options on the top right of the visual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for the information on how to make a drill-through.  However, my question was, how a user who did not elaborate the dashboard he intend to use, on which column could it make a right click the a drill-through.  Is there a way to spot this column or to identify it, for example, in our case it is employeID.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.