Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jglasgow
Frequent Visitor

Drill Through Using Data From More Than One Table

Hello,

I am working with educational data and have a report with data from many tables (enrollment, attendance, course grades, GPA...etc.).   All of these tables share a "Student ID" column.  My goal (and where I'm currently stuck) is being able to pull data from multiple tables on a student level drill through page.    

My thought was that since "Student ID" existed in all tables that it would work, but I can only get it to pull data from one table at a time on drill through.   

I have seen some similar questions to this, but not this exactly.   Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jake G.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to get this to work by adjusting the relationships between my tables.   

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I have this same question. One table for all the distinct household ID values from my database, then "fact" tables with multiple instances of the household for stuff like geo information, assigned staff role, etc.  I'd like to get a count of households by, e.g. Combined Statistical Area for a selected FUNDRAISERSORTNAME value. Do I just need to flatten all this?

model.PNG

I was able to get this to work by adjusting the relationships between my tables.   

@MarkPalmberg Exactly! 

For my project, the ability to have high level reports on all the education topics I mentioned above with the ability to drill through to a single student page that contains data from each topic/table is critical.   I'm hoping for a solution or workaround.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.