Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill Through Not Working in Matrix

Was working a few days ago , but now when I right click on a value which has a drill through to another visual I get NO options popup (to drill through). When I hover I get the popup showing right click to drill through , but right click does nothing.

On my desktop it works , but once it goes to the workspace or is published to an app then the functionality disappears!!!

If I change the matrix to a table and publish then it DOES work both in workspace and in App.

Tried different browsers but this is happenning on more than one App which worked fine until what looks like the Feb2020 update took place.....

.drillthru.png  right-click does nothing in Matrix , but works in Table !!!!!

please help!!! 

M

12 REPLIES 12
AsharafP
Regular Visitor

Still.... when it will be get solved 😇

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. It was working yesterday and just notice this morning drillthrough stops working in matrix after publishing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same issue...please help us.

When I right click on a matrix I no longer see my drill through options.

This issue is happening in the workspace app only (desktop file is working fine) and it is causing a major issue with users in organization. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

MS have informed me that this will be fixed at end of day 4 March

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

I think you can create a support ticket, follow this:

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank goodness it's not just my dashboards - I thought I was going mad!

I have raised a support ticket- I hope it is fixed quickly as our poor end users cannot use these dashboards now.

thanks

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update- A call from MS has confirmed that there IS an issue with Matrix viz,  and it will be passed to the appropriate team

sarahmtz7
Frequent Visitor

I am also seeing this issue occur.

It doesnt appear to be related to browser, or a corrupt file as it works in Edge and Chrome; the same pbix file works in our own tenant workspace.
When we compare multiple different tenants, it is only ooccuring on the one I reported, it happens in the workspace and in the App.

Are there any tenant specific setting that would be limiting this interaction?

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are few existing treads on this issue can you please check them:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Right-Click-Drill-down-Drill-through-not-working-On-Google/m-p/825753

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Drill-through-not-working-in-published-dashboard/m-p/676048

If this helps please give Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

No its not browser related - its a real issue with the new layouts.

My colleagues are also seeing this.

Its as if MS have really messed up the drill through. If I edit the report on the webservice workspace I can see

explore on web.png

and if I turn on 'Drill through' ... I still get a hover saying 'Right-Click to drill through' , but right click does nothing-

HOWEVER - if I double left click , then my drill through is available ... and works

double click left.png

BUT - even if I save the file , when I go back in it has lost that setting and doesn't work. The end user has no access to this once pushed to an app anyway.

Bottom line .... still no drill through available on Matrix.

I'm tearing my hair out here!!

I am having the same problem and it just cropped up today.  I am on MS Edge, and have cleared Cache and resaved, and refreshed, but Drillthrough now only seems to be available in Table Visuals, but not Matrix Visuals.  With Drillthrough being part of these views since 3Q2019, this has to be something new.  I would have had to miss this functionality gap for over 6 months of reviews/testing otherwise.

Please advise.

FURTHER UPDATE

As I am not involved in external app development I have never used Chome on my personal laptop prior to this moment so it should be as pristine as a web browser can get.  Same problem.  No Drill through on Matrix, Drill through just fine in Tables.  This does not appear to be a browser based problem IMHO.

Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.