Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thegeo
Frequent Visitor

Drill Downs Keep Turning Themselves Off

Hi,

I have several line charts where the X axis is a date and I want the user to be able to drill down. I keep turning on drill down buttons, but for some reason they keep turning themselves off. I'm not sure if it's opening and closing the pbix file that does it. Or maybe it's when the data updates. Again, not sure.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

The Geo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @thegeo,

I think this is a functional design. When you want to use it, then open it. According to my test, it will be turned off when the file is closed. Let's try to think about this scenario. Someone new to Power BI would say: I click the visual (accidentally maybe), it jumps to somewhere else. I don't know why. I just try to select some points.

So this could be a good design. You want to use it, open it.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BorisMa

I have managed to work around this issue by turning "keep all filters" to off.

BorisMa_1-1647023652501.png

In my case I had a stacked column chart that represents the hour of the day and the shifts in this hour. I wanted to be able to drill through to see all of the shifts in a a specific hour and not just one. Since there is no option to drillthrough a specific hour (in online report like you can do in power bi desktop) I used the keep all filters off.

BorisMa_2-1647023818032.png

By turning the keep all filters off it didn't keep the shift filter and showed me the shifts per hour

BorisMa_3-1647024317573.png

If there are filters that you do want to keep you can create slicers that are synced between the different pages thus maintaining partial filtering if needed

Hope it gave you ideas 🙂

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @thegeo,

I think this is a functional design. When you want to use it, then open it. According to my test, it will be turned off when the file is closed. Let's try to think about this scenario. Someone new to Power BI would say: I click the visual (accidentally maybe), it jumps to somewhere else. I don't know why. I just try to select some points.

So this could be a good design. You want to use it, open it.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, it's not a very satisfactory one. This project is for clients, and they will have to keep turning on drilldowns every time they access a report. 

I hope Microsoft will fix this. If I have turned on a drilldown, it's because I want it on.

Hi @thegeo,

I would suggest you vote this idea: drill-mode-by-default. Many people have voted. Maybe this feature will come up soon.

Best Regards!

Dale

Thanks! Will do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.