Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MartasPD
Regular Visitor

Drill Down with correction for blank & filtering

Hello,

I am trying to solve a combination of settings in my report (sourced by csv files on SharePoint).

I have several sourcing files, sorted per date - eg 1 query for Incidents opened, 1 query for Incidents closed, another for Problems opened & closed, etc. to be able to use only 1 filter I created a new table with dates & linked relationships accordingly. I did similar activity with Product name table & Product group (several levels / organised 1 level per table).

The aim was not only to use one date filter for all queries and one Product filter, but also to be able to drilldown. 

Then I needed to correct the "known" issue with Blank by using either solution (Measure) + 0   or IF (Measure) = blank then 0  else (Measure).

for example: Inc_Closed_All = COUNTROWS(DISTINCT(Data_Inc_Closed[Incident Reference Number])) +0

Both solutions have caused that during drilling I see records with Product (Affected service) that do not comply with selected filter on a slicer (synchronised across pages). They show up in drilling with 0 values.
I would like those records not to be visible.

If I remove the fix for the "known" issue on blank, the report shows "nice & clean" drilling.

Thanks for any idea.

Martina

Drilling.jpgDrilling (Not OK) with products that do not comply with selected product group on a slicerDrilling (Not OK) with products that do not comply with selected product group on a slicerDrilling-graph_NOK.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartasPD,

AFAIK, add zero operation will replace all blank value as zero so it will appears on charts.

If you want to display them in table/matrix but not show on charts, you only need to add visual level filter on value column to filter zero values and blank value.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartasPD,

AFAIK, add zero operation will replace all blank value as zero so it will appears on charts.

If you want to display them in table/matrix but not show on charts, you only need to add visual level filter on value column to filter zero values and blank value.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

hmmm 🙂  

Thank you @v-shex-msft

I was thinking of that solution, yet was affraid to lose figures in other columns. I could not make my mind up, whether the filtering is will or will not have some negative impact.   either on performance or hidden data...

Right now I am thinking of having two sets of measures:

- 1 for matrix & graphs :  measure123=countrows(......)

- 2 for cards :     measureAB=measure123 + 0

I dont like it much, but visually it would probably solve my problem 😞  ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.