Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

modi123p
Helper III
Helper III

Drill Down has problem with hierarchies

Hi,

I have a date field (with automatic hierarchies) that  is used with a measure to display the visuals.

When I tried to bring in Week number...I noticed an issue.

Step 1: Add Year, Qtr, Month from Date hierarchy

Step 2: Add WeekNo (Custom column)

Step 3: Add Day from Date Hierarchy

DrillDown on the fields..

After Year-->Qtr-->Month   instead of WeekNo showing up, "Day" from hierarchy Shows up.

Drill down again, WeekNo shows up in the right order and the chart displays correctly.

Please fix this bug.

Thanks,

Mannu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @modi123p 

The date hierarchy is automatically generated with four levels: Year, Quarter, Month, and Day. You are unable to add a column in the structure. The auto date/time generated hierarchy can be used to configure a visual in exactly the same way that regular hierarchies can be used. Visuals can be configured by using the entire Date Hierarchy hierarchy, or specific levels of the hierarchy.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @modi123p 

The date hierarchy is automatically generated with four levels: Year, Quarter, Month, and Day. You are unable to add a column in the structure. The auto date/time generated hierarchy can be used to configure a visual in exactly the same way that regular hierarchies can be used. Visuals can be configured by using the entire Date Hierarchy hierarchy, or specific levels of the hierarchy.

For further information, I'd like to suggest you refer the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @modi123p 

If this is what you have done then it seems to work well on my end.

image.png

Make sure that you use the most recent version of Power BI desktop. 

Ps. the best practice is to use Date Dimension tables instead of date hierarchies, please refer to the below.

https://radacad.com/create-a-date-dimension-in-power-bi-in-4-steps-step-1-calendar-columns

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.