Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill Down and Rank in Visual

Hi,

I have Matrix table with drill down from Customer Group to  Customer Party level

I want to show Revenue for top 200 Clients.

I gave Rank on Customer Group level and in visual level filters I gave condition " Rank is less than or eqaul to 200".

Now I am getting Top 200 Clients.

But when I add "Customer Party" to see drilldown then the Rank values for CustomerParty is assigned as 1

So the graph is changing.

I have 2 options here

When I have both levels the visual is good, but it will show all clients. 

when I have both levels and condition Top 200 on Rank then Graph is not showing correctly since it is checking on party level also.

This is rank I am using

#GrossRankYOYDesc_BC = RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Master ShipmentsActivity'[CustomerGroupParty]), [#Gross Revenue Prior Year],, Desc, Skip)

1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

You will need to nest the arguments into a larger rank statement so that rank will apply at different granularity. I have a statement that ranks from product grouping, through manufacturer, to the item level based upon sales 60. While I do not currently have a large enough screen to help change your code, I can provide my code for that type of rank drill down for you to see.  When I get back to a larger screen, I will see if I can help you if someone hasn't already jumped in to help. This is my Rank Dax:

Endleaf Rank =
SWITCH(
TRUE(),
ISFILTERED('Item'[ItemNumber]), RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Item'[ItemNumber]), [Booked Sales 60], ,DESC,Dense),
ISFILTERED('Item'[mfg Name]),RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Item'[mfg Name]), [Booked Sales 60], ,DESC, Dense),
ISFILTERED('Item'[EndLeaf]), RANKX(ALLSELECTED('Item'[EndLeaf]),
[Booked Sales 60], ,
DESC,
Dense)
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.