Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill Date Interactions

l have a page with two separate 100 % stacked column charts. They share the same date x-axis from a table containing only dates but the values come from two other tables. When i drill down on dates in one chart i would like the other chart to be drilled down as well. I have set interactions to filtering and enabled drilling on both but when i drill down on one nothing happens with the other, what am i doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drilling date hierarchies with interactions to other charts is not supported.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drilling date hierarchies with interactions to other charts is not supported.

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is that all the tables are connected by relationships? What are fields that are connecting to each other.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only connection between the two tables with the plotted data is trough the date table.

You should always select the Date value from your date table and not from your Table 1 or Table 2. 

As the relationship always flow from 1 to many direction(default), this will cross filter both the tables because they are connected with the data table relationship.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Step 1 Create a relationshipStep 1 Create a relationshipBargraph of  Table 1 Date must come from DateTableBargraph of Table 1 Date must come from DateTableBargraph of Table 2 Date must come from Date TableBargraph of Table 2 Date must come from Date TableCrross filter behaviourCrross filter behaviour

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for a thorough answer but unfortunately it doesnt solve my problem! I have already done what your suggesting and highlighting works well, but i want to drill date hierarchies on both when drilling at only one of them. That is: when i press the 2015 bar in one chart it shows me all the months in 2015 and i want to second chart to do the same.

You need to create hierarchy slicer in order to view the drill down of both.

It can be downloaded from powerbi visuals website and dragging date hierarchy on to the slicer.

This would only solve your problem. 

screen5.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

So drilling date hierarchy with interactions is not a supported feature? I guess i will have to do as you say and stick to the custom Hierarchy Slicer. Thanks again!

yes sir, you are right. 

Hope this helped you to solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.