Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pingster
Frequent Visitor

Draw lines in scatter chart

Hi fellow Power users,

I need to recreate this chart in PowerBI to monitor exceedances of 2 parameters. Ideally there is an viz for combined scatter and line chart. The closest I got to was drawing constant lines on both axes in the scatter chart but it looks too messy (see below). Is there a way to achieve this ideal look in PowerBI?

Ideal look 2.png

Current look 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to use a custom python plot, specifically the axs.add_patch(Rectangle()) method in matplotlib.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Yaffle505

Did you get a resolution to this?  I would like to get the same effect.

I had to use a custom python plot, specifically the axs.add_patch(Rectangle()) method in matplotlib.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi use analytics feature to achieve your goal. (just next to you format section)

ScatterPlot Lines.PNG

i was actually looking how to draw line in scatter chart. thanks

Thanks @Anonymous  for your response.

Yes I have gone to Analytics. That was how I generated the second screenshot in my initial post, which is too messy to read. I need the lines to NOT span from min to max, so that I can draw a 'box' instead like the ideal look that I generated in Excel as per the first screenshot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.