Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Draw a circle

Hello,
I would like to draw a circle of radius 10km around the cities with the blue dot.
Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may try to use ArcGIS Map visual. There's a feature called Drive Time.

Create a ArcGIS map, and edit the map. Then set the radius from all the selected points.

6.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi stephen,

Thanks a lot for your answer, ArcGIS driving mode is great, however I can only circle a city and not automatically.
I need to enclose all cities with an x>50, do you know if this is possible with the paid version of ArcGIS?
Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally found that there are 10 maximum driving times (drive mode) per card (paid version) and it is not automatic.
I think my application is not suitable for PowerBI

sounds like it.  If your geographic region is small enough you might be able to get away with a bubble scatter plot but it might be hard to get the background image right.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

would you be open to using the Shape map or Azure map visual instead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't use the shape map because I'm using the CP "Postal Code" for the locatization.

It could be a great solution to use Azure Map but I want more because I need 2 informations :

- One for the number of mission

- One for a 10km radius.

I think with Azure map I could have only one information no ?

Slightly unrelated, but the new heatmap feature actually allows for a 10km radius...

lbendlin_0-1635900691899.png

It's not pretty but better than nothing. What I am actually trying to do is add a fake circle out of dots that are one degree apart.  Haven't sorted out the formula for those yet though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.