Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NJ_4
Frequent Visitor

Drag and Drop on Map

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Maps. I have a requirement to select Multiple location points on Map and then drag and drop a record from another visualization to the Map so that record will be assigned to the map points. 

I can select multiple points on map by polygon tool or multiple points tool.. But I'm not sure how to drag and drop record from one visualization to other or is it even possible to do that! Can anyone please help me with this? 

Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4
NJ_4
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Tad17 , @v-lionel-msft ,

I'm using MapBox visuals and have selected two locations on Map using polygon tool. I have Resources Table; From that, can I drag a resource, say Charlie, and drop it to the Map so that the two locations will be assigned to that resource.

Or is there any other way to achieve this if not by drag and drop?Screenshot_2.png

Hi @NJ_4 ,

Can a relationship be established between your location table and resource tables? If you can, you can put resources in tooltips.

z11.PNG

But you can't display resource data on the map.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NJ_4 ,

Your request:

1. Select Multiple location points on Map

2. Drag and drop a record from another visualization to the Map

So what do you mean by record? What do you mean by drag and drop?

Could you describe it more visually with visual chart?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @NJ_4 

I don't think what you are asking for is possible if there is no relationship between the record being dropped and the location data table the map is using. Drag and Drop is certainly not an option, but if a relationship exists between the record and the location in the original data you can set up the records visual as a slicer/table to filter the map. Can you post some sample or example data so I can better understand what you are trying to accomplish?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors