Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danzrust
Helper IV
Helper IV

Drag and Drop Not Working after October 2018 Update

HI guys,

Just installed 2.63.3272.40262 64-bit (October 2018) from Microsoft Store, drag and drop no longer working - both for reordering queries and steps within queries.

DZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danzrust
Helper IV
Helper IV

When I installed from Microsoft domain and not from the store, the drag and drop works.

Seems like there are 2 versions of PBI for Desktop circulating around. Seriously Microsoft? Is it that diffiult to distribue 1 same version across all the channels?

DZ

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danzrust
Helper IV
Helper IV

When I installed from Microsoft domain and not from the store, the drag and drop works.

Seems like there are 2 versions of PBI for Desktop circulating around. Seriously Microsoft? Is it that diffiult to distribue 1 same version across all the channels?

DZ

I just switched to the Microsoft Store version for automatic updates, and I'm noticing this behavior too (April 2019 version).  Guess I'll switch back 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.