Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sunnygud

Download sample files and datasets for starters

I am using a Desktop tool, need to understand how / where can i download the sample datasets / files assosciated for leaning purposes?

I am referring to the videos on Youtube by Will Thomson (Program Manager in Power BI).

Any help is deeply appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

@sunnygud The video's are most likely from the free edx course you can sign up for and learn how to use Power BI at your own pace. Here is the link

There is also a specifc edx forum section on this site to help with any questions related specifically to the course material.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I am already on EDX.org and currently in the learning phase..

Right now i am in the section as follows, and reviewing one of the videos. The instructuor uses an Access Database "PowerBI" sample Database.. I am not sure where he got these samples.

1. Power BI Desktop Data Transformations > Transforming Data using Power BI Desktop > Connecting to a Database

If you can direct me to the exact location it would be great, the course at the start even refers to use datasets from http://obvience.com/index.html and doesnt have any content to download.

Thanks for your recommendations.

@sunnygud I was able to log in, go to Courses, select the "Power BI Desktop Data Transformations" Click on Lab 1, and in the description under "What You'll Need" is a link to the Access DB, which automatically downloaded for me.

I'm using Chrome (may not be relevant)

post.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.