Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Download data from a report published on the web

Good afternoon

I have some reports published on the web and some users ask me if it is possible to download the data from the web link.

Greetings,

Jose Marti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

By my search, export data is not supported in report published to web.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638867564061.png

Reference: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Additionally, when you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. Before publishing a report, make sure it's okay for you to share the data and visualizations publicly.

If your user has a Power BI account, you can invite his as a guest user and share the report to him, then he can export data when the corresponding option is turned on.

About distribute content to external guest users: Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

About export data: Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

And is there a solution for what has been published?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good day, @josefmc08 you were able to solve it I have the same problem.

Best regards.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

By my search, export data is not supported in report published to web.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638867564061.png

Reference: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Additionally, when you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. Before publishing a report, make sure it's okay for you to share the data and visualizations publicly.

If your user has a Power BI account, you can invite his as a guest user and share the report to him, then he can export data when the corresponding option is turned on.

About distribute content to external guest users: Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

About export data: Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , on the visual you have the option to download, But it is usually disabled when we do publish to the web. Just check that out

Hello, and how can I activate it?.

For example, I upload this sheet:

josefmc08_0-1638534394967.png

And when they enter the link, there is no way that the tables that appear from data can be downloaded.

Greetings,

Jose

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.