Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vincenti
Advocate I
Advocate I

Download Power BI on Mac

Hi guys,

I am using a Macbook Pro and am hoping to use Microsoft Power BI to run analytics for my small business. Is there a way for me to download it to my Macbook? If not, is there a timeline on when a Mac version might be released? 

Thank you,

Vince

32 REPLIES 32
sifos90611

Microsoft Power BI is primarily designed for Windows, and there isn't a native Mac version available. However, you can use Power BI through your web browser on your Mac. For updates on a potential Mac version release, please check Microsoft's official announcements or support channels for the latest information. For more details visit us - Power BI for MAC

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

johndynammics
Regular Visitor

Please have a look

Power BI For Mac

FilipeSacchetto

@Syndicate_Admin There will be a PBI version for MacOS?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

thesportsgiant

It worked for me in an extraordinary way, I experience never confronted any difficulties with it truly

The Sports Giant

https://thesportsgiant.com/

aiguln

norikachi006

I also bought 1 MAC, but you do not know Power by any. I did not find related documents.
Signature: Phat Nguyen
Web: http://dichvu3gvinaphone.vn

turbokenji

Vince, another option to look at is Turbo.net, which can stream Power BI to your Mac from the cloud:

Run Power BI Desktop on Mac - Turbo.net

This doesn't require running any VMs on your Mac. This service also streams apps to iPads, tablets, and other devices.

Best,

-k

Carrera

Select the category for their location of virtual building blocks. robolox login ROBLOX creates over billion page sights and also million overall hours of interaction.

peteryellow

It worked for me in a great manner, i have never faced any troubles with it honestly fileziper

peteryellow

Can you check fileziper, i got there before and ikt works great

itylergarrett
Advocate I
Advocate I

No mac version... This is unfortunate.

Hope to see Power BI offer a Mac version - and I understand why it's not a priority Cat Very Happy.

Best, 

Tyler G

https://dev3lop.com

I'll add my two cents - I'm getting a lot of pushback on Power BI at my org because it doesn't have a Mac version. Get on it, MS!

I have a similar situation.  I've invested time in learning Power BI (PBI) but we're switching to Tableau given the limitations of PBI regarding sharing, security and permissions, especially when related to macs.

It's unfortunate because PBI is intuitive and has many features I like, but we work with stakeholders throughout the world and the use of macs is a part of that.  Limitations are forcing businesses decisions that stop favouring MS products due to their limitations in comparison to their competitors.

What limitations are you referring to specifically? There is no Mac version of the desktop app for authoring, but for sharing you can use any browser and only need the desktop app for authoring.

Stakeholders more and more are moving to macbooks - 100% agree! I do help clients w/ virtualbox, a free VM... but a business user has a bit of pushback - because it's a little technical building a machine on a machine for 1 product. And I never want to cast shadows over products because of an OS... Hope to see a mac version soon, or at least an ETA?

Best,

Tyler

Dev3lop

I have a similar situation.  I've invested time in learning Power BI (PBI) but we're switching to Tableau given the limitations of PBI regarding sharing, security and permissions, especially when related to macs.

It's unfortunate because PBI is intuitive and has many features I like, but we work with stakeholders throughout the world and the use of macs is a part of that.  Limitations are forcing businesses decisions that stop favouring MS products due to their limitations in comparison to their competitors.

msimpler
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, the community link to add your vote for PowerBI for Mac is defunct.

I want to cast my vote here. I would like to try PowerBI and our whole organization is on Macintosh / Apple computing devices.

Two solutions I'd consider: Native PowerBI for Mac OR PowerBI as cloud service.

I am an engineer and am familiar with VMs, but do not want / will not install one of these. There are alternative data sources I would consider this first.

I am a new Insightly CRM user and want this integration, so hope there is a way to get Power BI up and running for us Mac users soon.

Thanks for your consideration!

Melissa Simpler, CEO, Affinegy

arc
Regular Visitor

You guys seriously don't have PowerBI Desktop for mac? That seems absurd to punt such a large chunk of the market.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.