Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcoslopez
Helper I
Helper I

Doubt about On Premises Gateway Scenario

Hi community, the scenario is this: 

A person has a clothing store in which he has several brands. These brands belong to different designers. These designers need to see their corresponding sales and stock, they will not share information with each other. This person, who manages all the brands in the premises, requires that the users (designers) access the reports that are obtained from a single source of data.

Number of users: 20 + 1

That 1 is who would have access to all the brands and each of those 20 people only has access to their own.

I was reading in the forum that you can not install more than one On Premises Gateway.

Basically what I wanted to try was, for issues with licensing, 21 free licenses pointing to the same service but parameterizing each of the reports. It would be something like several developers using the same set of data.

With regard to licenses, the problem is that the use of these reports is occasional, the Power BI service will be used from the end of November to the end of March, only for one season. For which, an annual subscription of 20 users is not viable for the local economy (We are in Argentina, unstable as none), it would be a waste of 6 months.

I hope you can help me and ask me your points of view or share your work experiences with me. Greetings from Argentina.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi marcoslopez,

Power bi premium can meet your requirement, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi marcoslopez,

Power bi premium can meet your requirement, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

marcoslopez
Helper I
Helper I

Sth that I just found recently, is this article corresponding to the documentation:

Manage your enterprise data source - import/scheduled refresh - Manage users

Should I have pro license only for the administrator? or can I have an administrator with free license?

Hi marcoslope,

Have you solved your problem? Could you kindly mark my answer?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.