Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MIKAOKSA
Helper I
Helper I

Double date slicer (date table)

Hi, 

I have a model with date table created with calendar auto and two different tables I want to filter with this date:Capture111.PNG

There is a relationship with REP_EMPORATWR_MV[END_ACTUAL] and Dates[date] and with Sheet 2[event date] and Dates[date]. Also both tables are linked with EMPID through DLG_EMPLOYEE_V. I have created a filter which uses the Date[date], but the problem is it doesnt seem to work like it should. For example Sheet 2[EMPWRKHOURS] is not right:

Capture222.PNG

Slicer is set to one day 1.11. to 2.11. so any employee should not have more than 24 hours (in reality 7 to 9 hours), but the values are way off. Previosly I did not have a date table and tried to do this with USERELATIONSHIP but that did not work either. I was sure this model would work but not even close, and I'm stuck. Please help!

BR, Mika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MIKAOKSA 

I don't know what should be the correct value for your visual.

When looking into your data model, i find the [END_ACTUAL] is of datetime format, it is wrong to use this datetime column to relate the "date" table.

You need to create a "date" column from [END_ACTUAL] in date format.

You can also change the relationship among "REP_EMPOPERATWR_MV" and other tables to both, then check if it would show correct result.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MIKAOKSA 

when slicer is set to 2019/11/1~2019/11/2, it filters 2 days.

Sheet2[EMPWRKHOURS] seems show the correct result as the slicer filters.

Capture5.JPG

What's wrong do you find and what's expected result do you like?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie!

The problems begin when I try to put them in combined table with the other sheets and filter them both with the same date filter:

Capture333.PNG

This should show the same results as your example which you did but it doesnt.

Hi, 

this is still a problem, can anyone help? The data is downloadable above. Everything filters ok when I use tables Date, Sheet 2 and DLG_employee_V but when I try to add something from REP_EMPORATW it just fails to give any results. 

Mika

Hi @MIKAOKSA 

I don't know what should be the correct value for your visual.

When looking into your data model, i find the [END_ACTUAL] is of datetime format, it is wrong to use this datetime column to relate the "date" table.

You need to create a "date" column from [END_ACTUAL] in date format.

You can also change the relationship among "REP_EMPOPERATWR_MV" and other tables to both, then check if it would show correct result.

Best Regards

Maggie

It took a long time but yeah, you are correct. Date-values from our ERP always come in a date/time format, so to filter them correctly I first need to make a new column with FORMAT and remove the time. After this filtering with these new values everything works just fine.

BR, 

Mika

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to say where the problem might be. Could be in a formula, could be something else. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi, 

it took me a while but here is my sample file to view if it helps figuring out what could be wrong:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbdxcny91o3288i/Personal%20efficiency.pbix?dl=0

BR, 

Mika

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.