Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Double-click & Shortcut Rebinding

Since I have been using the 'group' function in Power BI, I find myself double-clicking visuals to manipulate individual elements within groups much more often (which I am fine with).

The issue is that if I accidentally double click next to an element, the obnoxious "feature" of automatically adding a Q&A visual activates. Each time, I have to manually delete this visual, which is just annoying.
Is there any way to deactivate or rebind this default shortcut that keeps wasting my patience?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

There's no option at this time to disable the behaviour conventionally in Desktop. I agree it would be handy to have the ability to disable via settings or something like that if you're not likely to use it.

It's been asked recently in this forum and the suggestion from the mods was to create an idea for it. I've just reviewed the ideas site and there's nothing in there yet, so I'd suggest at least creating an idea there and giving users the opportunity to vote on the feature.

Regards,

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichFlorida
Helper IV
Helper IV

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

There's no option at this time to disable the behaviour conventionally in Desktop. I agree it would be handy to have the ability to disable via settings or something like that if you're not likely to use it.

It's been asked recently in this forum and the suggestion from the mods was to create an idea for it. I've just reviewed the ideas site and there's nothing in there yet, so I'd suggest at least creating an idea there and giving users the opportunity to vote on the feature.

Regards,

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.