Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jl20
Helper IV
Helper IV

Double Drilldown Possible?

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to drill down to an intermediate page and then to the row level detail in a table? For example:

Tab 1 - Summary, lists sales for each of the last six trailing weeks on bar chart. I want to right click on a week and drilldown to a second report page [Tab 2 in this example] that has two charts: i) Sales by location; and ii) Sales by product type. I've successfully been able to achieve this.

Tab 2 [Drillthrough] - Subset of Tab 1, whereby the data is filtered to show only one of the six trailing weeks on two bar charts. I then want to be able to right click on one of the bars (for example, "New York" on the sales by location bar chart and drill to the transaction detail, filtered to show: Week = 1; Location = New York. However, when I tried to accomplish this, only New York is passed through to Tab 3 [detail], and it shows data for all weeks.

Is it possible to pass through filters, effectively drilling down on an already drilled down page?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jl20

In your scenario, you would need to drag week field to Legend of the Sales by location bar chart and drag the week field to the Drillthrough filters of Tab3, this way, you can drill through from Tab2 to Tab3 with Week = 1 and Location = New York filters.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jl20

In your scenario, you would need to drag week field to Legend of the Sales by location bar chart and drag the week field to the Drillthrough filters of Tab3, this way, you can drill through from Tab2 to Tab3 with Week = 1 and Location = New York filters.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That worked - thanks! The thing I was missing was putting multiple fields in the drillthrough filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.