Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnDahis
Helper III
Helper III

Dot/bubble chart with categories in both axis

Good day!

Assuming data like below (and it can be retabulated), what's the Power BI way to produce a chart like the green bubbles'?

I tried "Dot Plot by OKViz" and "Dot Plot by MAQ" but can't use category for the y-axis.

Thank you.

TypeTeam 1Team 2Team 3Team 4Team 5Team 6
Category 192625212119
Category 217205142525
Category 320221818814
Category 461818152016
Category 513172119275
Category 62913515295

Same data in different form.

TypeTeamSales
Category 1Team 19
Category 1Team 226
Category 1Team 325
Category 1Team 421
Category 1Team 521
Category 1Team 619
Category 2Team 117
Category 2Team 220
Category 2Team 35
Category 2Team 414
Category 2Team 525
Category 2Team 625
Category 3Team 120
Category 3Team 222
Category 3Team 318
Category 3Team 418
Category 3Team 58
Category 3Team 614
Category 4Team 16
Category 4Team 218
Category 4Team 318
Category 4Team 415
Category 4Team 520
Category 4Team 616
Category 5Team 113
Category 5Team 217
Category 5Team 321
Category 5Team 419
Category 5Team 527
Category 5Team 65
Category 6Team 129
Category 6Team 213
Category 6Team 35
Category 6Team 415
Category 6Team 529
Category 6Team 65

333.png

7 REPLIES 7
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @JohnDahis ,

Currently, Dot Plot by MAQ Software accepts measure on Y-axis.

We have added your request “Support category on Y-axis” to our backlog.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread.

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

Thanks again for your feedback, and please continue to provide the same for any of our visuals.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Does this help?  You may download my PBI file from here.  I cannot get the value to appear inside the bubble.

Untitled.png

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @JohnDahis 

To my knowledge, there is no visual could meet your requirment in power bi for now.

As a workaround, you may try this sample.

1.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @JohnDahis ,

The GREEN BUBBLE chart in your screenshot looks more like a correlation plot in Power BI. refer the following link:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380814?tab=Overview

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logoDACertAzCert

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 thank you for your reply.

however it's not - correlation plot refers to the interrelationship amongst the same category. What the green bubbles are of 2 different categories.

Hi @JohnDahis ,

One option could be to use Matrix visual with conditional formatting like shown below:

p2.png

This doesn't give you bubbles but you can use your text columns in Rows & Columns and then put a metric on which you want to compare them in VALUES section.

I will keep digging for bubble chart wit such comparison but for now can only think of this.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logoDACertAzCert

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 thank you for the comment.

seems it's the best solution to the case. (just btw 🙂 Excel can do a better job with conditonal formatting) 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!