Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Donut chart

Hi,

I need som show-and-tell how I can set up a donut chart in my Power BI (May 2020) 

I have a portfolio and want it to show all it's all holdings (in % of that portfolio) but I what shall I have on the details/values/legends and such? Beaucse right now I have:

Legend: holdings
Values: Portfolio

and the donut says: "Count of Portflio by Holdings" and it just seems that it divded 18/100 (since the portfolio have 18 holdings within it and 100 means 100% i guess. but it is not true)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @mellbell ,

You can first change the data type from [holdings] to Whole number of all, then put [Portfolio] in the Legend box, put [holdings] in the Values box, and set the [holdings] to "Percentage of overall total" as below screenshot shown.

Best regards

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Considering Portfolio to be categorical data and holdings to be numeric data, you should have the below configuration:

1. Portfolio in Legend

2. Holdings in Values

You can refer below example where Team is my categorical data just like your portfolio and Runs is my numeric data just like your holdings:

holdings.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , issue is not clear with your description. But it should show % of total

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 🙂

But lets say that I have a bag, and the bag is 100%, and in my bag, I have 5 bubble gums (so 5/100 will therefore be shown in my donut) and I have 90 socks, (90/100 will therefore be shown in my donut) and then 5 scarfs, thererfore there is 5/100 that will be shown in my donut) 

So where shall my bag describe? Legend? Details? or Values? (or tooltips?)
And what shall my items (bubble gum, the socks and the scarfs been described?) 

Thank you,sir!

Hi @Anonymous ,

The items like bag, scarfs, will be legends.

And value of this should be in i.e 5 , 90 should be in Values.

so incase i have 5 categories and its cost this is how the do nut chart will look.

1.jpg

Regards,
Harsh Nathani

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.