Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Donut chart: removing the total

Hello - I would like to prepare a page on Power Bi split in two sections: on the left side a filled map showing the 130+ countries shaded by number of transactions; while on the left side having a donut chart with the 5 main cathegories of these transactions. 

This page needs to be very dynamic as by clicking on one of the country in the filled map, the donut will respond showing the number of transactions by cathegories in the selected country.

My issue is that with such a huge number of countries, at a visual level the donut always shows a super thin coloured portion for all the categories.

My ideal solution would be to remove the total / pale colour from the donut when I click on a country, and instead making the donut just with the specific country data.

I am also open to consider any visuals if the donut doesn't work.

Do you have any suggestions? Glad if you might explain with very basic terms! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous ,

This document willl help you Edit Interactions

Select the map chart, go to Format, Edit Interactions, and see in the pie chart at the bottom the options to interact with the map, choose Filter.

Regards,

Fernando

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Anonymous ,

This document willl help you Edit Interactions

Select the map chart, go to Format, Edit Interactions, and see in the pie chart at the bottom the options to interact with the map, choose Filter.

Regards,

Fernando

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! Thanks

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous read this post to get your answer quickly

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - I am new to this and I don't understand what you are suggesting. Can you be more specific about what is wrong with the post? I cannot share dataset or screenshoot unless I mock one new up from scratch and I don't have time now. If required I an do this weekend. The question looks easy and similar to others I read but if not could you highlight where it gets confusing? Thanks

@Anonymous yes, send mock up data with what actually needed.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.