Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shrmehta
Helper I
Helper I

Donut Chart Summary Error

When using Donut Chart, the summary at the center is not displayed correctly. My value is over 1 billion which I have chosen to display in Millions. However, the display changes to “2G” on its own. I have also chosen to display 1 digit after the decimal which is also not displayed. I am facing this problem every time I use this particular chart.Untitled.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

I only get this if Display Units is on Auto.

Are you running the latest PBI and latest Donut Chart

Donut Chart.png

Hi Sean,

I am using PBI version September 2016 & updated Donut chart to its latest version. I have Display units on Millions and Decimal as 1 I am still getting the same error. 

When I click on the format tab under visualizations (without changing any of the settings) it correctly shows me "1,614.4M", but when I save and reopen, it is back to "2G".

@shrmehta wrote:

I am using PBI version September 2016 & updated Donut chart to its latest version. I have Display units on Millions and Decimal as 1 I am still getting the same error. 

When I click on the format tab under visualizations (without changing any of the settings) it correctly shows me "1,614.4M", but when I save and reopen, it is back to "2G".

Hi @shrmehta,

I can reproduce your issue in the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.40.4554.421 64-bit (October 2016)), I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any update.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia!
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can submit as an Issue
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues
Or contact the author
https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/DonutChartGMO1461469098694

So after you open the file it shows 2G but does it then change back to Millions after you filter it with a slicer or another visual? I think this used to happen to me. I had it set to None but on opening the file it would default to thousands but then when I filter with a slicer it would start showing correctly again and only the Total was affected.

Yes, the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.