Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iskono
Frequent Visitor

Don't want "Count of...

hello , i am facing problem , when i add a numiric field it keeps getting the count , and i dont want to show the count so how do i fix ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Did you check the column's default summarization property?

Go to the Data view and make sure default summarization is set to "Do Not Summarize".

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Did you check the column's default summarization property?

Go to the Data view and make sure default summarization is set to "Do Not Summarize".

Hope this helps!

example of my data ,

domain names i have owned , running ports , fixed ip and last field is count ( agrigated sumurized )

problem is it counts uses ports

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Has this column been explicitely formatted as number already?

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

iskono
Frequent Visitor

yes , and iv'e changed the type to text but still , it counts

Well - then it behaves as it should:

A measure (as opposed to a field from a column) will always show some sort of aggregation. If it is formatted as numeric it will default to SUM, but if it is formatted as text, it will default to COUNT.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.