Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sundayDriver
Employee
Employee

Don't show data labels when selecting one legend

Hi,

I have a line chart wih 8 legends where the data labels are displayed. The labels are very condence and it's hard to read them. Is it possible when one legend is selected to hide the rest of the data labels?

image.png

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sundayDriver,

If you create the Line chart by dragging field to Legend of the chart, and want to hide other data labels when clicking on a single Legend, I am afraid that it is not possible, you can submit a feature request here https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200 .

However, when you use slicer or filters to filter the legend , only the filtered legend will display with its data label in the Line chart.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the help.

FYI here is a link to the idea.

For the slicer the data are different columns so I couldn't add them there. Is there a columns data slicer?

@sundayDriver,

What do you mean "a column data slicer"? Please share sample data of your table.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

The grayed areas are the columns:

grayedoutTable.PNG

I have a pie chart that shows the percentage of each of those columns and a line chart where each column is a line. I'm trying to find a way to filter the line chart for eaxch column. Find a screenshot of the graphs below. If I select a column in the pie chart then the line chart isn't updated.PieChart.PNG

graphWithCOlumnsPowerBI.PNG

Thanks,

@sundayDriver,

Do you create the two charts using fields of a single table? If so, please check if you set interactions properly in Power BI Desktop following  the  guide in the article below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for the response 🙂 Yes I used a single table and the made sure that the interactions are appropriately formated. When I select one slice though I would expect column and not row filtering.

@sundayDriver,

Interactions has effect on rows but not columns. I am afraid that your requirement can not be achieved.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.