Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't see the "Analyze - Explain the decrease" option after September update

Hello friends,

In September's update there supposed to be a nice feature of explaining decrease/increase.

It is described here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=817&v=moTQJlnClJw

The problem is that I don't see this option when right clicking a chart column.

I did use a date column from a time dimension and a stacked column chart as described.

But no "Analyze" option....

Please help.

Thank you

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Explain the increase / decrease has a few limitations with the first release, which is why it is still in preview.

You do not need to enable the preview switch as it is turned on for all. Here's a list of the type of queries it does not yet handle:

• TopN filters
  • Include/exclude filters
  • Measure filters
  • Non-additive measures and aggregates
  • Show value as
  • Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition
  • Non-numeric measures: model measure support is limited to sum and count only right now.
  • Limitation in data conectivity
    • Direct query
    • Live connect
    • On-prem RS
    • Embedding

Keep an eye out for future releases with improvements.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also appreciate the clarity on this feature and agree with ibeneyze entirely.
This will also help you I bet in managing the questions from users who are excited but frustrated with your about what a feature currently can and cannot use. I am sure if users were more aware of the limitations then they would be able to more easily feedback what is most important for them for future releases of a feature.

All and all, your product is amazing and keeps me on my toes to incorporate these regular significant features throughout my organisation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.