Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know how to start with this duplicate values problem

help.pngWhen I am trying to sum up the count I get 2 for John on Feb 18th but actually want that value to be 1. Is there a way to make it so that the first date comes out as 1 on the NoDupCount column and then 0 for any of the other counts that fall on that date. Looking for a calculated column solution and have looked everywere online and couldn't figure it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

This is one of the way to do this:

1.Create a indx column.

2. Creata Your new column with this formula: NoDUpCount = IF( CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Index]), FILTER(Duplicate,Table1[Name]= EARLIER(Table1[Name])  && Table1[Date]= EARLIER(Table1[Date]))) = Table1[Index], Table1[Count],0)

NoDupCnt.PNG

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Why do you want a calculated column solution.  With a measure, it is a simple solution.

=DISTINCTCOUNT(Data[Count])

or

=MIN(Data[Count])

Drag Name and Date to the row labels of your visual.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

This is one of the way to do this:

1.Create a indx column.

2. Creata Your new column with this formula: NoDUpCount = IF( CALCULATE(MIN(Table1[Index]), FILTER(Duplicate,Table1[Name]= EARLIER(Table1[Name])  && Table1[Date]= EARLIER(Table1[Date]))) = Table1[Index], Table1[Count],0)

NoDupCnt.PNG

Thanks

Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answer. I think it has answered my question for now so I will accept this as my solution but I will keep testing to see if the data turned out how I wanted. Thank you again for helping me out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.