Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaditya2000
Helper II
Helper II

Don't Summarize question

Hello:

As you can see form below screenshot that my column is uncategorized & Don't summarize. In "Line & Clustered Column Chart" when i drop this column in Column values. i get options of SUM, Min, MAX etc.....

Even though it is "Don't summarize" i shouldn't see options SUM, Min, MAX etc.....

The solution that i am looking for is to display exactly same values as shown below on chart.

Please help me how to do that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dontsummarize.png

Dontsummarize_2.png

8 REPLIES 8
zivhimmel
Resolver I
Resolver I

You really need to provide more details here.

A chart has two dimensions...

The values need to be aggregated by whatever you are using as your X-Axys. 

What are you using as the X-Axys?

what are you trying to achieve?

Can you draw an example?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aaditya2000

This is because you are throwing it into a chart. It has to be a calculation then. An aggregation or a min or max. But be aware though. When you plot it a sum in a chart the calculation is dependent on what you have on the x-axis (unless you use ALL() in your calculation).

Maybe you can provide some more context, so I can help you out.

Best,

Martin

Martin,

I'm having the same problem. Why does displaying it in a chart require a calculation? Is there no simple way to visually display things in a chart without this calculation? We are simply trying to plot x and y, it should be that simple. 

Alex

Hello:

Thank you for your all reply.

I agree with Alex.

I have already shown data in my screenshot. i just wantto display that data as it is without calculation. there has to be way out or workaround?

Please help.

Thank you.

Thanks

@aaditya2000,

You may add an index column in Query Editor and drag that to shared axis field.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Index column didn't helped. it might have some purpose but not helping me what i want.

Its very simple. i want to display value without calculations, is there work around?

Thanks

@aaditya2000,

As far as I know, an index column is necessary. If you know custom visual, "Grouping", "Measure" and "GroupingOrMeasure" are the only three options available. See "dataRole.kind" in this link.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for all replies but not seeing solution how to resolve not summarization of value.

Please see the data screenshot in my question and please help me to understand that how hard it is to represent data as it is without summarization.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors