Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

byilmaz089

Don't Summarize Option

Hi everyone,

Why don't appear "Don't summarize" option on my bar chart graph? I looked at the old posts but I didn't find any solutions. Could u help me please, guys.

2.PNG3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@byilmaz089  Charts are intended to show the summarised data based on the dimensions (axis). So will have atleast count or count distinct group functions if you also use all text fields on the chart. If you don't want any summarization, then switch that visual to table where you can find that option "Do not summarize" and it will show row level detail.... there is no option doing that in Chart to show each bar for each row.... hope it is clear...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

For the same reason that you can't write a measure where you refer to a naked column. You can't write Measure = TableName[ColumnName]. You have to write Measure = SUM(TableName[ColumnName]) or something like that. The Values section of a visual that is based on numeric aggregation has to actually do some kind of numeric aggregation. The length of the bar on a bar chart has to be based on an aggregated number. If the x-axis values can have more than one value in whatever field you're using for the y-axis, it has to summarize those values in some way in order to get a number to assign to the y-axis.

Proud to be a Super User!

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@byilmaz089  Charts are intended to show the summarised data based on the dimensions (axis). So will have atleast count or count distinct group functions if you also use all text fields on the chart. If you don't want any summarization, then switch that visual to table where you can find that option "Do not summarize" and it will show row level detail.... there is no option doing that in Chart to show each bar for each row.... hope it is clear...

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.