Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chocomart
Helper I
Helper I

Doesn't display October 1, 2017 - error

I've just seen this recently, when I'm trying to add in the Start of Month field, and could not see Oct 1, 2017 on the list but instead Sept 30,2017 is displayed. Please see screenshot below, the table was generated using the Calendar function.

Does anyone enocunter the same problem?

date error.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @chocomart

One of my clients bought this to my attention and I was quickly able to repo it.  I'm sure it's a bug.

Please review my repo added to this Issue report and if you agree then vote it up and add your comments to confirm, and highlight it's importance to the Product Team.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bug-October-1/idc-p/400669

Well yes, the Product team already recognized it as an issue and they told me that it would be Fixed for this MAY Update. So let's wait and see if it indeed gets fixed for this month.

Thank you!

I'm seeing that it has been fixed in the May 2018 update.

Yes it has been fix already 🙂 thank you guys!

v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@chocomart

I didn't encounter your issue. I created a calendar table with expression:

Calendar = CALENDAR(DATE(2017,01,01),DATE(2018,12,31))

And everything is working fine.

3.PNG

As you said that the table was generated using the Calendar function. How did you degine this function? Could you please share us your expression if possible? Also, please share us some sample data which can help us repro your issue. So that we can make proper tests.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response, I'm just using the regular CALENDAR FUNCTION dating back from 2010 to 2018

date error 2.PNG

@chocomart

Still working in my environment (Feb 2018 update Power BI desktop). 

3.PNG

What's your version of Power BI desktop? You can verify the version at Help -> About. Maybe try to update it to newer version.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi @v-xjiin-msft

here is my version number, I'll try to update first then will try again.

version.PNG

@chocomart

Also you can use follow method to check if there exists duplicated dates in your calendar table.

3.PNG

If it returns blank. It means your calendar should work fine. And the issue may be related to the delay of visualization since there exists so may dates in table.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Still having the same issue, has someone encountered the same?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check if this issue would occur when using M language to create a calendar? You can refer to the following M script and create a calendar to see if you can get Oct 1.

let
    start = #date(2010,1,1),
    end = #date(2018,12,31),
    CreateDateList = List.Dates(start, Number.From(Number.From(end)) - Number.From(start), #duration(1,0,0,0)),
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(CreateDateList, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Converted to Table",{{"Column1", "Date"}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Renamed Columns",{{"Date", type datetime}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Not quite the same issue, but something probably similar (I have a post titled "April Fools?" on here which goes into detail).

Basically, my problem is I can filter my dashboard for ANY date, except 1 April, 2018.  When I try that in a filter, everything disappears, almost as if it doesn't exist (which seems remarkably similar to your problem, particularly as yours is also a quarter start date.

I'm having to change my core SQL to create a derived field displaying the date in text (I'd rather do that than play with DAX in each PBIX file - easier doing it at source) and then update all my reports to use this field.  Frustrating.

Hi,

Just updated mine to the latest version,

but still facing the same issue.

new version.PNG

Rfranca
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

hi, @chocomart

Share the link where I can download your data file to help with the solution.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.