Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yoshihirok
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Does Query by Example use Microsoft PROSE SDK ?

I want to know the "Query by Examples" feature of Power BI Desktop using by Microsoft PROSE SDK ?

Microsoft PROSE SDK seems AWESOME.

Fullname: Microsoft Program Synthesis using Examples SDK

https://microsoft.github.io/prose/

If using , I will share "Query by Example" with Microsoft PROSE SDK with customers/partners.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@yoshihirok,

I got response from PG.

"We’re not using the PROSE SDK behind this feature at the moment, but we’re working very closely with the team that owns PROSE to extend the capabilities that we support in “Add Column From Examples” and ultimately leverage the same underlying technology."

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@yoshihirok,

Could you please describe more details about “Query by Examples” feature in Power BI Desktop?  I haven’t seen this feature in Power BI Desktop and I will appreciate that if you can post a screenshot.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I collect the feature name, and post screenshot.

The feature name 'Column from Examples' in 'Add Column' tab of Power BI Desktop.

1.png

So, My question is - Does 'Column from Examples' in 'Add Column' tab use Microsoft PROSE SDK ?

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

@yoshihirok ,

I will consult this issue internally.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I hope to know this.

Now, Microsoft PROSE are used in Microsoft Products like Excel"s Flash Fill, Powersehll's Convert-String, Azure Log Analytics, etc.

These describe on Microsoft PROSE web site.1.png

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

@yoshihirok,

I got response from PG.

"We’re not using the PROSE SDK behind this feature at the moment, but we’re working very closely with the team that owns PROSE to extend the capabilities that we support in “Add Column From Examples” and ultimately leverage the same underlying technology."

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you PG, and @v-yuezhe-msft for quick reply.

The response from PG is excellent.

I start to share this response with Add Column from Examples feature with friends.

Regards,

Yoshihiro Kawabata

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.