Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Does PBI allow me load 12 field and one month later load additional 3 more new field ?

Hi All

During Sept i load in all field from CSV file and only keep 12 field , on Oct i like to load additional 3 more field can ?

Paulyeo11_0-1603865279104.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Paulyeo11 , You have to open a Data transform/edit query. Right click on the table, open advance editor, and modify the code there as per need.

Keep a backup of file.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paulyeo11  Yes ofcourse  you can...The only thing to make sure  is not to change the source destination and refresh the .pbix desktop file you will be able to see the newly added rows.

Hope it resolves your issue? Please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paulyeo11 if you want to retain in the same location you can but in case if you change the location you will have to edit the data source setting in the .pbix else it will throw error "File not found"

Click on Home Tab-->Transform Data-->Data source settings-->follow the below screenshot
datasource.png

Hope it resolves your issue? Please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paulyeo11  Yes ofcourse  you can...The only thing to make sure  is not to change the source destination and refresh the .pbix desktop file you will be able to see the newly added rows.

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Hus,

Do you mean that i can not change the CSV file location , once i change the directory location from C:/Temp to C:/Test , it will not allow me to add more field name right ?

Paul Yeo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paulyeo11 if you want to retain in the same location you can but in case if you change the location you will have to edit the data source setting in the .pbix else it will throw error "File not found"

Click on Home Tab-->Transform Data-->Data source settings-->follow the below screenshot
datasource.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Paulyeo11 , You have to open a Data transform/edit query. Right click on the table, open advance editor, and modify the code there as per need.

Keep a backup of file.

Hi Amit 

Thank you very much.

I owe you too many beer.

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.