Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ausrine
Frequent Visitor

Does Lookup fit here?

Hello all,
I have this problem and hoping to get your help here. I'm working with few tables, which include [Locations] (key thing is PLACE-REF), [TENANCY] (TENANT-REF) and joint between these [TENANCY PLACE] (which has both of key columns - place-ref and tenant-ref). As you can imagine, every location has a few different tenancies over the time, hence [TENANCY PLACE] table looks like:

PLACE-REF           TENANT-REF           START-DATE               END-DATE
a                       1                     x1                      z1
a                       2                     x2                      z2
b                       3                     x3                      z3

and so on. Now, my goal is to find which of these locations were let for the very first time and which tenant was the first one. For that I have a table with PLACE-REF and MIN(START-DATE) (I made this on SQL). Once I got this table, I'm not sure how to attach correct TENANT-REF. I tried to do that with lookupvalue() but I'm not sure which values to include. I'm quite new to power bi so I hope there's not big of a problem.

Thanks!

Ausrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@ausrine wrote:

Hello all,
I have this problem and hoping to get your help here. I'm working with few tables, which include [Locations] (key thing is PLACE-REF), [TENANCY] (TENANT-REF) and joint between these [TENANCY PLACE] (which has both of key columns - place-ref and tenant-ref). As you can imagine, every location has a few different tenancies over the time, hence [TENANCY PLACE] table looks like:

and so on. Now, my goal is to find which of these locations were let for the very first time and which tenant was the first one. For that I have a table with PLACE-REF and MIN(START-DATE) (I made this on SQL). Once I got this table, I'm not sure how to attach correct TENANT-REF. I tried to do that with lookupvalue() but I'm not sure which values to include. I'm quite new to power bi so I hope there's not big of a problem.

Thanks!

Ausrine

@ausrine

To find out the locations were let for the first time and the tenancy record, you could create a calculated table using below DAX. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Table 2 =
FILTER (
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        'Table',
        "tenancy times"COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( 'Table', EARLIER ( 'Table'[place-ref] ) = 'Table'[place-ref] )
        )
    ),
    [tenancy times] = 1
)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@ausrine wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks!

Ausrine

@ausrine

To find out the locations were let for the first time and the tenancy record, you could create a calculated table using below DAX. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Table 2 =
FILTER (
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        'Table',
        "tenancy times"COUNTROWS (
            FILTER ( 'Table', EARLIER ( 'Table'[place-ref] ) = 'Table'[place-ref] )
        )
    ),
    [tenancy times] = 1
)

Capture.PNG

Thank you @Eric_Zhang! Works perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.